Digital marketing is an inevitable aspect of today’s business world. If you’re not conducting some form of digital marketing, you’re almost irrelevant in the marketplace. This includes utilizing social media, content, email and ppc advertising. All of these are being used to increase market share and drive business.
But don’t take my word for it. Let the numbers talk for themselves. Below are 10 statistics that show the importance of the digital side of marketing.
- 76% of B2B marketers say they will produce more content in 2016. Source
- 66% of B2B marketers rank LinkedIn as the most effective social media platform for their business. Source
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users. Source
- 55% of B2B marketers report that search engine marketing (SEM) is their most effective paid advertising method. Source
- 88% of B2B marketers are using content marketing, up from 86% in 2015. Source
- 28% on average is the percentage of total marketing budgets spent on content marketing. Source
- 41% of customers interact with ads targeted at their interests compared to random ones. Source
- Social videos generate 1200% more shares than text and images combined.Source
- 90% of young adults (ages 18 to 29) use social media. 35% of those over age 65 do. Source
- The “most important” social networks to teens and young adults (aged 12-24) are now Instagram (32%), Twitter (24%), Facebook (14%), Snapchat (13%) and Tumblr (4%). Source
Numbers don’t lie. If you aren’t focusing on digital marketing you might want to reevaluate your strategy. Don’t lose business by not being online.
Want to talk about marketing? Click Here